Selling a home today requires a lot more effort than in recent years. Now that the real estate market has cooled, it is important for homeowners to understand what they can do to best position their home in a competitive market. Today, a seller needs a competitive edge in order to make their home stand out because the way you live in your home is very different from the way a home should be sold. Our job at Sorted & Staged is not only to help you get the most money for your home, but to create a home on the market that makes you stand out from all of your competition. In order to create a lasting impression and ensure a higher price from potential buyers, it is crucial that your home look its best- inside and out!
First impressions are absolutely critical; a buyer may overcome one negative impression but it’s doubtful they will overcome 3 or more. Outside, buyers decide in an average of 8 seconds if they like a house. Inside, they decide in an average of 15 seconds if it’s something they’re going to buy.
Sorted & Staged provides Home Staging services to prepare your home on the market to sell for top dollar in the least amount of time. To make your home appeal to the widest range of buyers, we will remove items that need to be pre-packed, rearrange existing furniture and accessories and highlight the very best features the property has to offer. After a home has been staged, everything looks and feels more clean, open and attractive!
- Professionally staging your home with Sorted & Staged will increase the likelihood of a sale! Proper preparation, organization and presentation can give sellers an extra edge in selling their home. It can make the difference between waiting weeks or even months before a home sells, compared to selling it right away.
- Professionally staging your home with Sorted & Staged forces homeowners to de-clutter and organize the home! This helps with the moving process overall because belongings have to be packed away at some point anyway, which allows for a beneficial head start and greatly decreases moving costs.
- Professionally staging your home with Sorted & Staged justifies the asking price! This is especially important in a buyer’s market, where sellers need everything in their favor to justify the asking price and not be negotiated down. Staging makes the difference between how much money homeowners will have in their pockets after the property is sold.
- Professionally staging your home with Sorted & Staged helps prevent a price reduction from ever taking place! In today’s “Buyer’s Market” price reductions on homes for sale are averaging 5% or more at a time. Staging services will cost far less than any price reduction! This will get you a greater return on your most valuable possession… your home.
- Professionally staging your home with Sorted & Staged produces incomparable marketing photographs. Recent studies show that 80% of buyers shop online first before actually seeing the property. Staging helps to move buyers from the comfort of their own home into open houses to increase foot traffic.
- Professionally staging your home with Sorted & Staged helps reduce the length of time that the property is on the market! This is especially beneficial if there will be two mortgages during the “overlap period” when buying a new home before selling the old one.
Difference in Time on Market of Staged versus Non-Staged Homes
*Based on a StagedHomes.com survey of over 885 homes (52% Vacant, 48% Occupied) across Canada & the Continental US prepared for sale from June 2007 through November 2008.
Return on Investment
By utilizing Sorted & Staged Home Enhancement Services, a nominal fee will be spent for a high return on investment. Studies conducted by the International Association of Home Staging show that staging can raise the selling price of a home anywhere from 6 to 20%.
The following is a summary of the results of HomeGain’s 2007 national survey, based on the 10 areas of home improvement identified by real estate agents in HomeGain’s original 2003 survey. They are listed from the highest to lowest returns on investment:
2004-2006 StagedHomes.com study of 300 houses Staged by ASPTM Stagers.
Stage® is a Federally registered trademark of Stagedhomes.com. All rights reserved. Accredited Staging Professional is a trademark of StagedHomes.com. All rights reserved. Copyright 2004 StagedHomes.com and Jennie Norris.
Cost of Investment
Written Staging Consultation: $200
This 2 hour written consultation begins with an analysis of your entire property, starting at the curb. The primary focus will be on the main focal points of your home such as the main living areas and bedrooms. We will examine and evaluate everything to provide you with a list of critical improvements that should be completed as soon as possible. We will also recommend furniture and accessory placement along with suggested paint colors to make the home more appealing to buyers. After the consultation, you will receive a written report (within 24 hours) listing suggestions for maximizing the entire home’s appeal. You can complete the work yourself or we can return to implement those changes at a later time.
Verbal Staging Consultation: $175
This 2 hour verbal consultation is exactly the same as our written consultation but does not include a written report.
Half Day of Home Staging: Starting at $425 – Full Day of Home Staging: Starting at $725
Our comprehensive home staging services take a consultation to the next level by having us lead the grueling task of dramatically transforming the main areas of your home. While working from our action plan, we will roll up our sleeves and construct creative room redesigns achieved in a variety of ways including strategic furniture arrangement, proper artwork placement and creative accessory placement. We will create a comfortable, functional and attractive property that will produce great photos for your MLS listing so that buyers have every reason to offer the full asking price… if not more!
Sorted & Staged will provide Home Staging services that are customized specifically for you, based on your needs and preferences! Working together, we will roll up our sleeves and won’t stop until you’re completely satisfied with the transformation! Free tips and even a few laughs are included with your sessions… free of charge!